1 – Introduction
APR Applied Pharma Research s.a. (“APR”) is the data controller responsible for this website (the “Site”). APR is a Swiss company, for this reason, the data collected through this Site are processed outside the European Union.
APR can be contacted at the following address:
Via Corti 5, Balerna, 6828, Switzerland.
Telephone: 0041 91 6957020
Fax: 0041 91 6957029
(i) which types of data that APR collects through the Site
(ii) how APR may use such data
(iii) who are the third parties which such data may be shared with
(iv) the rights recognized to any person that has granted APR the permission to use its data
2 – Nature of the data collected
The data collected through the Site can be:
- a) Navigation Data: these kind of data are collected automatically by the Site and the permission to their collection is implicit in the Internet usage protocols. In particular, these kind of data do not allow an identification of the guest of the site but, through particular elaborations and in association with other data, they can lead to an identification of the guest. By means of example, these kind of data include, but are not limited to, the IP addresses, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier), the indication of the time spent on the Site, the information related to the operative system of the guest, other information related to web navigation.
APR uses these data in an aggregate and anonymous form in order to track information such as the total number of visits to the Site, the number of visitors to each page of the Site and the domain names of the visitors of the APR’s Internet service providers. APR uses these information to improve the services offered through the Site.
These data, in combination with other information, may lead to an identification of the guest of the Site. APR does not use these data for such purposes and does not try to identify in any away the guests to this Site.
- b) Data disclosed, on voluntary base, by the guest: these data are disclosed only on voluntary base by the guest of the Site and may include name, surname, living address, e-mail address, telephone, nationality. These data are collected through the filing of a format and are used by the APR to answer to specific requests of the guest or, always upon voluntary base, to insert the guest in a mailing list for periodical newsletters or updates in relation to APR activities and products.
APR uses the Data disclosed on voluntary base for the following purposes:
- i) To respond to specific request: in the event of questions addressed to APR through this Site, data (such name and e-mail address) are necessary to processing the request and provide the guest with an answer. Guests are not obligated to provide such data but in the event they do not, APR shall not be able to provide an answer to the specific request;
- ii) To activate a newsletter system: APR, through a newsletter system, shall provide guests with helpful information in relation to new products, news, updates and services. APR shall activate this service only upon the grant of the guest permission and provided the right of any guest to require in any moment the cancellation of his data and/or the service.
Please by informed that the Site services do not require any form of registration, allowing the guests to visit the Site without providing any personal data (and in general, any Data disclosed on voluntary base).
3 – Cookies
4 – Data Protection
APR is committed to protecting the security of the collected data and shall take commercially reasonable steps to protect such data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and all other unlawful forms of processing.
The data collected are protected by firewalls that meets or exceed industry standards.
5 – Sharing Information with Third Parties
The Navigation Data may be shared, in aggregate and anonymous form, with third parties in order to improve the Site services by studying the guests’ experiences on the Site.
APR does not elaborate the Navigation Data and the Data disclosed, on voluntary base, by the guest in order to obtain indirect information in relation to the guests of the Site.
The Data disclosed on voluntary base by the guests are not shared with third parties.
6 – Data Retention and Deletion
Data collected through the Site are stored in servers that are operated and maintained by a different company from APR. Such company has not access to any data collected by APR and provides to APR a simple server service.
APR only retains the data collected as long as and to the extent needed to fulfill the purposes for which they were originally collected, unless otherwise provided by law or differently requested by the guest (as better specified under following Section 8).
7 – Links to Other Web Sites
The Site may provide links to third party web sites as a service to its guests.
APR has not the possibility to control or manage the contents of such sites, nor the possible use of the data eventually collected by those sites. For these reason APR takes no responsibility in relation to any data processing performed by those sites.
8 – Guest Rights
Any guest of the Site may exert in any time the rights recognized by the applicable privacy laws and, in particular, any right recognized under the General Data Protection Regulation (in particular the rights defined under Sections 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21).
- a) Require the modification of any data
- b) Require the immediately deletion of any data or information
- c) Require a limitation to the exploitation of the data
- d) Require APR to provide the data in a format readable by a common device in order to transfer such data to another data controller or to transfer the data directly to another data controller
- e) Oppose to any share with third parties of the data.
These rights can be exerted by contacting APR at the following addresses:
Via Corti 5, Balerna, 6828, Switzerland.
Phone: 0041 91 6957020
Fax: 0041 91 6957029
Or by sending an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org